Home About Beauty Healthy Living Recipes Fashion Contact Bloglovin Twitter Pinterest Instagram Image Map

Monday, August 5, 2013

New Recipe Sunday-Oatmeal Bars

Hope you guys had a great weekend. I thought I would start off this week with a new recipe! One of my goals for the rest of the year is to make at least 1 new recipe a week. I think Sundays are a good day to bake/cook, as that’s the one day of the week where I seem to have a little more free time. I think I’ll make “New Recipe Sunday” an ongoing post each week. I know I'm posting this on a Monday, but I hope to get this up on Sundays in the future.



Lately I’ve been perusing a lot of different healthy lifestyle/fitness blogs. I stumbled upon Kath Eats Real Food blog and thought the Homemade Oatmeal Bars looked pretty good. I love snacking on granola bars, but they can be loaded with sugar, so I thought this was a slightly healthier option.



This recipe is adapted from Kath Eats, and you can check out her version here. Here’s my version:


Baked Oatmeal Bars

1.25 cups of rolled oats

¼ cup Wonderful Almond Accents sweet roasted pomegranate

¼ cup pumpkin seeds

¼ cup chopped pecans

¼ cup chopped/pitted dates

1 tspn cinnamon

1 tspn vanilla

1 egg

1.5 cups organic skim milk



Preheat oven at 350 degrees. 
Mix dry ingredients. 
Separately mix wet ingredients and then pour the wet into dry and mix thoroughly. 
Pour into greased 9x9 oven-safe pan. 
Bake for 40 minutes. 





Keep in mind this isn’t a dessert recipe and the only sweetness you get is from the dried fruit. You can certainly add a little brown sugar though if you want. I think this quick and easy recipe is perfect if you want a little snack throughout the day. ENJOY!


What do you guys like snacking on throughout the day?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment